Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mistaken

Do not mistake …
my tears for weakness,
I may cry when I’m overwhelmed, but I am strong
My smile for happiness or my straight face for lack thereof
I may smile when I’m uncomfortable, or when filled with love
My needing you for selfishness
I may allow myself to need you, but I know my worth
My willingness to put you first for selflessness
I pick you because you bring me joy, but I can change my mind if necessary
My high tolerance for being a doormat
My tolerance level is equal to the amount of love and caring I feel from you
My loving you above all else for being a pushover
I love you as much as you love me, and if there is imbalance, I can reevaluate
My choosing you above all for lack of choices
I CHOOSE you because you make me feel important too
My silence for anger or unhappiness
I quietly reflect all I feel, the good and the bad
My eagerness to give all of me for foolishness
I see more than you know, and feel more than I show

Give all, but be all, to deserve love is to have earned love
Welcome it, cherish it, but most of all, nurture it
And never ever be neglectful of

No comments:

Post a Comment